Thursday, February 12, 2009

THIS is the reason I married this guy!


When John and I were dating, I had some doubt as to his qualifications to marry me. Oh, Yes Yes, of course he was super, scoring much higher than I in most departments. He was definitely mature enough, he had great style, devastating in his hansom-ness, fancy car, money smarts, fabulous family, good spirituality, nice smile, firm work ethics and determination. He seemed to have all of the important qualities. Just one I was a teeny bit unsure of. It was his ability to be a little Immature when occasion called for it. After all, that seemed to be my strength.


As I wondered if this was to be a problem for us, I watched as we dated, waiting to discover the silly John, if he existed. Well, I didn't have to wait too long.


One day I was shocked and delighted! I found as we were driving along the freeway, John was perfectly willing to engage in a conversation involving the production of animal calls. I think we took turns enthusiastically making authentic sounds; cats meowing, horses neighing, dogs barking (I had lot's of practice on that one), etc. John thoroughly impressed me with his spontaneous performance. I knew then that we could make it as a married couple.


The last 13 years have been great for us. Full of fun times, hard times, much in the "learning" department. Not really free from stress of course. We have tended to be much more serious all of the time. Occasionally, however, I am reminded of that last reason I married this great guy. My latest might have been last month during Family Home Evening. The girls' favorite song to sing during FHE would have to be "Give said the Little Stream", which involves standing up every time we sing the word "give". (about 10 times in the first verse). John gives particular attention to the standing up part, much to the girls' amusement!
Just LOOK at the height!


Who says white men can't jump!

Thanks for marrying me John! I love you and all those funny little things you do that make me happy! You're a great husband and Dad.

2 comments:

Bald n Beautiful said...

Go John, much more fun than us. We are constantly saying no to do as I doing because of all the jumping and running.

Kim Myers said...

This just makes me giggle. You guys are so awesome. Glad to call you both friends
Kim