Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween!

Grace started out the festivities a couple weeks before Halloween when she was invited to a Halloween birthday party. After working on the princess get-up idea for a week or two, she had a change of personality and decided to go with the witch experience. Brittani graciously came and painted her lips and nails black and gave her a good witchy hair-do. I was so grateful as I was plum out of black nail polish....
Grace had a fabulous time at her friend's party. I enjoyed hearing about how wonderful her friend's house was, how she had a tv and radio/cd player/ Hanna Montana player, bunk beds, etc. right in her very own, private room. I also thought it was amusing when I asked if she like the friend like the "My Little Pony" present we gave her and Grace said, "Yes, because she used to collect My Little Ponies but her mom got rid of them all when she was at school."

We had a fine time with John's power tool carving pumpkins.This was Grace's happy face pumpkin.
This is Emma's pumpkin -with help from Dad...
Brittani's cool scariness pumpkin -carved by the artist herself...
Clara's pumpkin carved by in her honor by Gracie....
and last, surely you know who's pumpkin this is. I drew this up thinking it was good and scary/crabby looking. Grace then took a look and said, "Mom, that's the face you do every year." Hmmm... I'm wondering if I've been a little stressed out the last few years. ;)

We found we had three busy dogs on our hands for Halloween this year!
and one quiet little cow! So cute.

They had great fun at our church "Trunk or Treat" on Friday and then went to a few houses to get a little more sugar on Saturday. I employed the "eat it as fast as you want" method and Grace and Emma had their candy gone by Sunday night. Thank goodness they didn't have that much!

No comments: