Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloweenings

Well, we just had happy Halloween Week.

Emma was finally able to dress as herself, "Krypto the Super Dog". She belongs to Super Man but usually hangs out at our house. She gets into character pretty much every day and saves things whilst flying around the house and outside around the trampoline alot.
Wed. - Kindergarten and Preschool parties.

When I arrived at the school to see Grace, I found she had somehow landed the position of "Parade leader and Principal Hand Holder". I was so delighted because Mr. Oldenkamp was my principal when I taught in Parma and I just love the fact that he now principals my offspring -who I hadn't even imagined when I worked for him!

I asked Grace if she just loved leading the parade and holding the principal's hand and she said, "well, but my hand got sweaty pretty quick."

Thursday Grace and Emma dressed up again and

Clara made her debute as a cute little lamb. She wrestled her first sucker from me at the ward "trunk or treat".

It was a cold night and when we got home and were trying to get everyone to bed, Emma really wanted a bath. I said no and then, when she was upset, I thought about how very much I need a bath sometimes so I told her to go ahead. When I went into my room a few minutes later and peeked into my bathroom I found that Emma was being me. Head under the tap water, eyes closed, a sort of tired/serious/relaxed/adult sort of look on her little face.
Next Morning we fell into our roles. Kids were "zombie candy eaters". I was "Cheif Wrapper- Picker- Upper". (It was defiantely worth the work as Grace and Emma gave me several of their Reeces Peanut Butter Cups.) Actually, Grace picked up most of her own wrappers. She's so mature...

Halloween Night arrived and back into our costumes we went. Only one hitch. Emma was no longer Krypto. She decided at about 4 p.m. that she was "the black dog" who we finally discovered to be "Ace, the Bat Hound", Bat Man's dog. So after some frantic wardrobe changing.....Grace wanted to be a jack-o-lantern, then a witch and then settled back on Cinderella.
I think Emma looks like Derek in his Mr. Incredibles gear. The expresion is the same .. "Proud to save the universe" I think.

I told Emma to save Cinderella here. Do you think Grace is feeling the love? I love the look on Emma's face. A "determined, loved my sister, rescue her" look.


John took them out to refill their pumkin buckets. BUCKETS for candy. Can that be healthy? I just don't think so.

1 comment:

Bald n Beautiful said...

What a bunch of cuties good thing John is prepared to scare the future boys away.