Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Kindness Counts

Our computer is totally out of commission so I am posting a thought I had. I can't get to pictures but I am sure you can "picture" this one using your imagination.

About 3 1/2 years ago I was at Winco, the Grand Expansive Shop of Groceries. I was very pregnant so getting the very large load of groceries was hard on me. Those funny pinched nerves feelings always hit me. I sometimes imagined falling down on the floor in the grocery store but very very thankfully, that never happened.

On this particular day I was feeling worn out. I must have been pretty tired having Grace and all the groceries, a huge load. I made my way out to the car, parked way out in the north 40. Just as I got there, John's two nephews Adam and Andrew ran up, said hi, and then proceeded to grab all the groceries and load them into the car. It seems like a little thing now, but at the time, being so worn out and big and fat, it just was like angels had descended and bestowed a gift of love and service on me. I was so grateful....

I've never forgotten.


I hope I can be in tune enough to serve people at just the right moment like that sometimes. Every day would be fun.

1 comment:

Amy E. said...

Thanks for sharing this kind act of service you experienced. It's a good reminder how something small like this can mean so much to someone.

I found "Ricks" pictures I've got to send to you! What a riot to see us so young and lovely!