Sunday, July 6, 2008

Name? We have to name this thing?

Well, our first night of blogging has been interesting. John informed me that I was to do the blogging. I did think that he could use some of his addicting games.com time to blog but I think I might have been presumptuous in that assumption.. Oh well, I am glad John has quiet ways of unwinding!

I did finally weasel my way onto the computer. I watched carefully and was lucky to notice that John had taken a break from addicting games to rummage around in the garage to find his paint ball gun. He was probably going to shoot an unsuspecting dog or cat or something. I did think I heard him shoot a wall in the garage. Thankfully the girls were in bed, eh?

Well, by the time I had this blog thing started John came in , claiming to have taken Koko (the Chihuahua) for a walk and a play on the trampoline. (I can really only imagine how much fun this was for Koko. Maybe I was just unaware of how enjoyable trampolining is for Chihuahua's. What's with that name anyway! I feel like I could just type along for quite awhile and it would sound the same.... chiahuauahauhuahuah..) ANYway, John came in and plopped down in his chair and out came Gracie having had "scary thoughts" about robbers or something. (Do you think it had anything to do with John in the garage with a paint ball gun?) I told John, "Alright, we have to name the blog." I was on the first page of set up trying to find a suitable name and Internet address. John is always very creative with words, often spouting off clever rhymes so I was very surprised at his first suggestion. How about "The Fat and the Crabby" he said. After some contemplation and a few giggles I decided that was not very complementary. Grace had a few suggestions like cat, and car, and finally "How about socks" she said. "Socks?", I asked, "that doesn't really describe this family." (now that I think about it, it actually does - "....socks..... - that sums it up. We're a pretty basic family. Socks here, socks there. Hmmmm.) Then as she heard me considering John's suggestion, she came up with another great one. "How about, "The Fat and the Mad" she said. I think she was fairly serious too. "Perfect" I thought while I had a good laugh, "but actually, not very positive." John really had no more ideas after that, well other than "Crabby Carters". He sort of closed his eyes to little slits, a blank look. I knew I'd lost him. He's snoring now. Helps my concentration.... not very much..

So there we have it.

"The Fat and the Crabby"
"Socks"
"The Fat and the Mad"
"The Crabby Carters"
Maybe someone could help us out. Do they have tutors for this kind of thing? I know they had free tutors in college for things like math and english. I think we need one. Just a good family tutor.

1 comment:

Bald n Beautiful said...

I think the crabby carters is pretty funny. Then again look at our name, Scott of course came up with it. Maybe I will have him give you some ideas.