Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Spinach and Strawberries


So, I am having an addiction to spinach salad. I found this recipe on the internet and made it for the family. They weren't as thrilled as I was so I've been eating it myself and just mixing up little batches of the dressing. I've tried it with the strawberries, avacado's -mmm, and nectarines (ok), oh and kiwi. All pretty tasty. I especially like roasted almonds on top!

1/2 cup white sugar (I use less or honey)
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use olive oil)
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (I use white or red wine vinegar)
2 bunches fresh spinach - chopped, washed and dried
1 pint strawberries, halved
DIRECTIONS
Whisk together the sugar, sesame seeds, sesame oil, poppy seeds, dried onion, paprika, oil and vinegar. Refrigerate until chilled.
In a salad bowl, combine the spinach and strawberries. Drizzle with dressing, toss lightly and serve.

No comments: