Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Last Best Place!

We had a fabulous visit to our family in the "Last Best Place" after my class reunion. Aunt Sandy and Uncle Jim graciously put us up in their guest room. Grandma Roonie and Grandpa Keith helped to entertain and wine and dine us! Thanks so much for having us! We had some nice visits with Grandpa Kahle too. We had a good play in the park and a visit in his yard where Grace and Emma danced and made noisy music for us! That sure helped us with the visit!

My cool cousin has his own new restaurant! He treated us to a fabulous meal Saturday night when we went through town. We got to sit in a big booth in the front window. (I guess he wasn't as embarrassed by our raggle taggle traveling family as I thought he would be!) The food was absolutely delicious!!! Thanks so much Brett.

Clara met her second cousin "Lilly" , Brett and Abbi's little girl. These two cuties were born on the same day. Isn't that cool! First cousins babies born the same day. What are the odds! Lilly was very beautiful and sweet. The girls have been waiting to ride in a Grandma's real live golf cart. They had a fun time riding in her cute little yellow one. Next time they'll have to play a round of golf!
The girls got a complimentary ride in the convertible with Auntie Sandy and Uncle Jim. (just one block but very cool)


The girls love going Grandma's and playing with her toys and poker chips in the basement! We had a few great meals with her! Thanks Grandma and Keith! Brenna, Kendal, Conner, and Grace entertained us with a impressive tumbling routine. Melissa tested out Clara. We think she needs one just like her!Grandpa Kahle was giving us his convertible so John drove home and I stayed for a little longer visit.

Bye, Bye, Livingston!


We stopped in Rexburg so I had to have a picture in front of my old apartment. I lived in 308, 309 and 310. Do you think I would have dreamed I might be back here almost 20 years later with a 5, 3, and 6 month old. I think I might have been a little shocked at that thought!


We stopped half way and stayed in a motel and swam. It was great fun. The next day we stopped and saw Brittani and got to go to the temple open house in Twin. It was really a neat experience, so very peaceful and beautiful inside. I was so glad Brittani got us to go. Clara was kind of intense and ate the program and almost choked.

1 comment:

Bald n Beautiful said...

I wish I could have come too, maybe next time? I am glad you got to go Mom would be glad too.