Sunday, May 31, 2009

Good Morning!


Grace delighted me one
morning this week. She got up early and was bored. I suggested she unload the dishwasher. I was amazed when she said "ok" happily. (She can have 5 whole cents for doing this chore which is usually not enough to produce a happy response like this)

I then went to take a shower.
When I got out she had:


Unloaded the dishwasher

Loaded the dishwasher

Taken out the trash (there was a lot- a can full and some piled by the sink - Emma helped)

Put a new bag in the trash can

Run some plants out to the garden from the kitchen counter


Collected hangers and hung some clean shirts of John's and put them in his closet.



The kitchen looked quite clean when I came out and I was so happy to start the day a little ahead of the routine. I was also amused because I didn't know she was even able to do some of these things.

We celebrated by making pancakes and messing up the kitchen. :)

3 comments:

Bald n Beautiful said...

Grace is welcome to come clean my house and I'll pay her 10 cents

Janie said...

Oh, send her over....I'll pay 15 Cents! What a wonderful blog!

Philosophichick said...

I loved your blog and your you tube poem. As a matter of fact today I almost burst in tears when I met an old man of 84 with no legs who had met my father who died 2 years ago of 92 years old. My Father had a farm and rode horses. He was the founder of the Charro Association here in Leon Mexico. Anyway this man had cristal shiny sight and I felt like I was talking to someone touching my heart...I felt God´s presence. I hope you visit my blog and that you enjoy it as well.
Take care!